Hi again, Friends and Fighters!
We officially have too many #OperationSmiley quilt blocks for me to hang on my design wall. Last week, I had 91 hanging, but we're at 129 and counting now! Over 30 quilters have participated from over a dozen states, and at least four of them are adult cancer survivors.
As you found out on Friday, we are benefitting from the generosity of several companies as well. In addition to the beautiful fabric from Fat Quarter Shop, we are receiving thread from Aurifil, some batting from The Warm Company, and more batting and fabric from Craftsy. On top of that, my friends over at Red Hen Fabrics are going to help me get all 7+ quilts quilted. Isn't that exciting?!
This means a few things for #OperationSmiley:
1) We will be finishing these quilts with beautiful, top-of-the-line materials.
2) Instead of delivering finished quilts the end of this week in time for Kylie's birthday, it will probably be another month until they are all done. Materials are still en route, and we will be completing more quilts than I expected (which is a thrilling thing).
3) I will try to have a completed quilt (see quilt top above) to take with me to Quilt Con in Savannah this weekend to show our sponsors and to spread the word about Quilts for Cure.
I cannot thank y'all enough for your generosity and support!!
1) Visit the Smiley for Kylie page this week and leave a Happy Birthday for Kylie. On Friday, be sure to wear yellow and #shareasmile in her honor.
3) Make sure that you're plugged in for all Quilts for Cure Updates: Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Instagram, and Sign up for our Newsletter (coming soon). Even better, invite your friends to get plugged in, too. Our mission to honor and encourage kids with cancer will only succeed if we all work together.